Cake International 2013
This fetish for baking and creating cakes does not seem to be slowing down with figures rising year on year.
With the resurgence in home baking and cake decorating, Cake International has expanded to multiple shows a year, these being at:-
EventCity - Manchester (8-10 March 2013)
ExCeL - London (12 - 14 April 2013)
NEC, Birmingham (8 - 10 November 2013)
This year's highlights include:-
- Paul Da Costa Greaves, plus special guests creating some mouth watering recipes in The Bakery Theatre - including Revamped Mini Black Forest Gateaux cup cakes, to be created for, and in honour of, Coffee, Cake & Kink!
- Baking legends Mary Berry, Paul Hollywood and 2012's Great British Bake Off winner John Whaite opening the Manchester and London shows, offering question and answer sessions and featuring in the Bakery Theatre.
- More than 100 exhibitors offering the latest sugarcraft, cake decorating and baking supplies.
- Competition Classes featuring a range of categories for all ages and abilities to showcase their talents.
- Live Sugarcraft & Baking Competitions taking place on each day of the show.
- Two Demonstration Theatres highlighting the greatest international and UK sugarcrafting, cake decorating and baking talents.
- A Taste of Sugar Mini-Workshops, designed specifically for sugarcrafting newcomers, the younger generation and those seeking expert advice.
Cake International organisers have seen a substantial increase in visitor numbers year-on-year, with a 100% increase over the last three years alone, which will see them celebrate their 18th birthday in 2013, with a big cake we hope!
If you are planning a trip to the show, Paul will be baking CCK Cup Cakes at 2pm on Friday and Saturday and 1pm on Sunday.
**** COMPETION WINNERS: Carol & Jenny ****
Two lucky CCK supporters have a chance to join him, and get all sticky in front of an audience... (or just sit in the audience if you are less of an exhibitionist ;). Either way, you get to take some CCK cake home and also enjoy a day out amidst a lot of yummy stuff!
To claim one of the 2 VIP tickets, help us start the CCK Cook Book and share your favourite receipes with us - the more you submit, the better your chances of winning! You can get started right here... and, hopefully, enjoy the show!
Winners will be drawn from all submissions on Friday, noon (UK time) and immediately notified by email / Twitter. You will be able to collect your tickets at London's ExCel.
By taking part, you agree to having your photos / video taken for CCK promotional purposes.